Entertainment

Not in my backyard

With the heat bearing down on us and indications pointing to the weather getting steadily worse before it gets better, cooling off with a dip in a pool or the ocean would seem like a very good idea, especially on a lazy Sunday morning. With just such intentions, I headed to the Wellawatte beach, popularly known as Kinross, last Sunday. Hundreds of people were there splashing around in shallow water or swimming further away in deep sea. The sea was calm and all in all it was a very pleasant way to beat the heat.
Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Being the opposite of Bollywood

Last week I was at a fashion show. My first, meaning that I have seen models, on the ramp on FTV, but this was the first time in real life. For me watching a fashion show is as boring as watching formula 1 racing — apparently excellent design moving up and down the track or ramp but the monotony really gets me. Well the highlight, in racing is that inevitable crash and on FTV the designer who uses the least amount of material would get the highest applause (I am sorry if that sounds like a chauvinistic approach).
Wednesday, 29 April 2015

No stereotyping the Bollywood women!

Anushka Sharma and Sunny Leone are probably two obscure names to the Daily FT reader. I must admit this was true for me too until very recently when I had the opportunity to view a programme on Star Movies called ‘Front Row,’ a talk show hosted by Indian national award winning author and film critic Anupama Chopra, who interviews both Hollywood and Bollywood movie stars on her show.
Wednesday, 29 April 2015

New synergies in telecommunications

Digital technology is pushing the frontiers of communication to new heights, blurring the lines between merely making a telephone call to actually being able to communicate with another individual through various other methods. Being sociable has taken on a whole new meaning through the technology available to us, whether it is Facebook and Twitter or SMS. Given this scenario, telco operators have to see far beyond the mundane telephone call towards offering other services, and tying up with other service providers, which previously would have been seen as competition. For example, there were the days when telephone companies feared Internet-based…
Friday, 17 February 2012